The Reception Parlour forms part of the North Wing built in 1871. It is called the Reception Parlour because it was used for receiving visitors and for very special occasions. One such occasion would have been dinners for the parents of Novitiates who had just been professed as Nuns. During the 1930s - 1960s debutantes in their dresses were presented to Mother Superior in the Parlour before they would go off to the debutante ball. Today it is used to entertain guests of the school.
There are four tapestries in this room that were worked by the early Sisters in their leisure hours. They depict "The Agony of Christ in the Garden of Gethsemane", "The Taking Down of Christ from the Cross", " Mary Queen of Scots and Lord Darnley on the Battlefield" and "A Poachers Catch of Game". The tapestries date from between 1874 and 1890. On the mantlepiece is an alabaster crucifix bequeathed to the College by Archbishop Goold in 1886.