The Old Collegians' Association commenced in 1924 under the name of the Past Pupils' Association. This coincided with the first official reunion at Sacred Heart College in the same year. Prior to this there were formal get togethers for the 1910 silver jubilee of the College.
The first president of the Association was Mrs Mary McCabe Doyle (nee Ryan). She remained in office for many years, whilst some of the early secretaries were: Miss Aloysia Byrne, Miss Nellie O'Brien, Miss Marie Gargan, Mrs Cecelia Smith (nee Holden) and Miss Annie Kenny.
In the 1930s, Mrs Margaret McNamara, Mrs McCabe Doyle and Mrs Teresa Kerley (nee Munday) alternated the role of president. From the late 1930s and for the most part of the following 50 years, the stability of the Association was ensured by Miss Lille Sheridan and Miss Vyrna McDonald. Other active members in the 1940s were Mrs Eileen Croy (nee McIntyre) and Miss Alvie Murphy.
The Association quickly became very active in the 1920s, organising annual sports days, debutant balls, reunions, theatrical events and most significantly raised funds for a Scholarship Fund. The Association also had a Melbourne President and Committee and represented Geelong on Catholic Womens' Association Committees.
Over the years the Association has made major contributions to the school, donating equipment, funds and facilities. The Associations most significant gift was the Aphrasia Street gates, donated to mark the centenary of Sacred Heart College in 1960.
School reunion group photograph, 1912.
Archbishop Mannix is seated in the middle of the group
Old Collegians Committee 1960