In March 1933, Sacred Heart introduced the house system to the College. It was decided there would be three houses, named after St Ignatius of Loyola, St Anthony of Padua and St Bernard of Clairvaux. An assembly was held and members of the Sports committee who had been nominated as Captains drew for their house names and colours.
They were Loyola, red, Betty Napthine, Padua, green, Joyce Doran and Clairvaux, blue, Mary Moon.
Sienna, yellow, the fourth house was added in 1959, named after St Catherine of Sienna. The first Captain was Marlene Fitzgerald.
House Captains 1941
from left: Carmel Flanagan and Mary Widdison, Betty Beach and Noel Byrne, Margaret Turner and Maureen Bodddington.